Browse Our Specialties|
VISION: is to be a model department offering patient centred nursing services with professional excellence and integrity.
MISSION: is to provide and administer the highest degree of quality, individualized and comprehensive nursing care by ensuring effective use of available resources.
Some general Objectives toward which nursing care of all patients/clients in this hospital will be directed include:
- Personalizing the care of each client/ patient.
- Ascertaining, supporting and maintaining patient’s capacity for meeting his needs and also recognising patient’s strength and limitations.
- Protecting patients from threats to his safety comfort and well being. supporting the patient and ease his suffering during all phases of illness.
- Assisting in the restoration of the patient to the fullest capacity.
- Considering the patient’s family members and friends as people with roles to play in his well being.
- Assisting the patient and the family in planning for required care.
- Participating in research.
- Participating in teaching of students.
The vision will be transferred by training, encouraging, facilitating, inspiring, motivating, and developing nurses to accomplish the vision and goals.
The management can assist be providing the necessary equipments and conducive environment.
- Patient will actively participate in his care.
- Care would be comprehensive and individualized.
- Quality care would be provided.
- Efficient use of nursing time and resources.
- Documentation of care will be better.
- Nurses will demonstrate professional competence, responsibility and accountability.
- Patients would be satisfied
- Increased patronage.
- Increased internally generated revenue.
- Job satisfaction for nurses.
- Improved public image of nurses.
- Improved public image of the institution.
- Employer would be satisfied.
© Copyright 2010.
Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital. All rights Reserved.
By using the information relayed on this site you are bound by the Site Terms & Conditions, Copyright Law of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and must not in any way modify, transfer or manipulate any information so provided.